The Prue Leith College of Food and Wine was opened in 1997 and is located in a residential area of Centurion, between Pretoria and Johannesburg. The property measures approximately 7 500 square meters in extent and has an on-site restaurant, Prue Leith's Restaurant, which is open to the public on Wednesdays to Saturdays inclusive.
This 50 seater restaurant has become a gastronomical delight and more than fulfills one of the requirements patron Prue Leith OBE had, and that was that the College be based on a real life restaurant.
Voted in the top ten restaurants in Gauteng and top twenty in SA, the food which constantly changes, is impressively served and enticingly delicious. There is a freshness and charm about the place that convinces you that the food - including the herbs, is absolutely fresh even before you have tasted it.
On colder nights guests can expect to sit in front of a roaring open wood fire and the comfortable chairs are conducive to a hospitable feeling.
From the N1 from Johannesburg
1. Take the N1 in a northerly direction through Midrand and past the Shell Ultra City.
2. Take the next off-ramp which is the Old Johannesburg Road turn-off and turn right at the T-junction.
3. Go through 6 sets of traffic lights; all of them are large four-way intersections.
4. The next traffic light i.e. the 7th one is a smaller, three-way intersection. Turn right into Mopani Road.
5. Continue straight ahead through the four-way stop and over two speed humps.
6. The road makes a sharp bend to the right and becomes Rhino Street. Pass two townhouse complexes on the right hand side and the Prue Leith College entrance is located immediately after that - 262 Rhino Street.
From the N1 highway from Pretoria
1. On the N1 highway - coming from Pretoria, take the John Vorster off-ramp and turn left back across the highway.
2. At the fourth set of robots, turn left into Hendrik Verwoerd.
3. At the third set of robots turn right into Galway Road.
4. At the third four-way stop in Galway Road (with the Hennopspark Primary on your right) turn right into Mopani Road.
5. Carry on along Mopani Road which makes a sharp bend to the right and becomes Rhino Street. Pass two townhouse complexes on the right hand side and the Prue Leith College entrance is located immediately after that - 262 Rhino Street.
From Fountains Circle - Pretoria
1. From Fountains Circle, take the Ben Schoeman Highway (R28) towards Johannesburg.
2. Take the second off-ramp (Lyttelton/Clubview) and turn right under the highway.
3. You are now in Jean Ave / Lyttelton Road. At the first robot, turn left into Von Willich, and immediately right into Jim Van der Merwe.
4. Carry on along this road. Go through three four-way stops where after the road bends gradually to the left and becomes Blackwood Road. Turn left at the next four-way stop.
5. You are now in Mopani Road. (The Hennopspark Primary School should be on your right).
6. Carry on along Mopani Road which makes a sharp bend to the right and becomes Rhino Street. Pass two townhouse complexes on the right hand side and the Prue Leith College entrance is located immediately after that - 262 Rhino Street.
-25° 51' 15.97''
28° 10' 23.77''
262 Rhino Street
Hennopspark Ext 2
Wednesday - Saturday
19:00 till late
Breakfast and Lunch available for bookings of 10+