A pathway past the Fynbos garden leads to a colourful glass and mosaic fountain which sooths the soul with a gentle trickle of water on a summer day. Set in a 200 year old heritage building with gables and thick stonewalls in a lime-washed courtyard, Dornier Bodega Restaurant offers excellent and honest food in a relaxed and informal setting. Diners will experience excellent wines with modern farm cuisine in a breathtaking, scenic location.
Guests are invited to elevate their senses and indulge in a Dornier dominated wine list and menu that strives towards locally-sourced, fresh ingredients wherever possible.
Tapas Dornier Bodega Restaurant
The best time of the day at Bodega Restaurant is at sunset. Enjoy breathtaking views with a great selection of tapas and mezze from our tapas menu. Tapas is served daily from 16h30 – 18h30.
Coming in from the N1:
- Take N1 in the direction of Paarl.
- Take the Stellenbosch / Klipheuwel R304 turnoff (exit 39)
- Approximately 500m after Kayamandi, turn right onto R44 and travel in the direction of Somerset West / Strand, along railway line.
- Continue through Stellenbosch and follow signs for Somerset West.
- After passing Stellenbosch Golf Course on your right, turn left at Engen traffic lights.
- Continue 5km before turning left at Dornier Sign, following driveway for approximately 500m.
Coming in from the N2:
- Take N2 in the direction of Somerset West.
- Take the Stellenbosch R310 turnoff (Baden Powell exit), heading to Spier / Stellenbosch
- At traffic lights before Spier, turn right into Annandale Road.
- At end of road, turn left at traffic light onto R44 to Stellenbosch, passing De Zalze Golf Course on your left
- Turn right at ENGEN gas station
- Continue approximately 5km before turning left at Dornier sign, follow driveway for approximately 500m.