Radisson Blu Gautrain hotel’s Executive Chef David Williams wows with the new menu!
Acclaimed chef David Williams recently took the helm as Executive Chef at the Radisson Blu Gautrain Hotel. Today, he launched his inaugural menu for the hotel’s Central One Bar and Restaurant at a media lunch designed to set taste buds tingling.
“Fine dining should be a feast for all the senses,” says Williams. He’s widely known for his delectable flavours, but believes that the perfect meal doesn’t stop there. “I don’t stop when a meal tastes exceptional – it’s my job to create a visually artistic experience for my guests to enjoy.”
Williams has worked all over the world, including South African hotels and Game Lodges, and has a passion for food – he even cooks in his free time! His vision for Central One has been to fuse the most inspiring of international classics with innovative modern trends, with the final dishes created using the finest local ingredients.
Williams has been sure to craft the menu with every mood and everyone in mind. “We have to remember that we are home to our guests and that they might not always be up for the full fine dining offering. For this reason, we have a selection of delicious snacks, tantalising hot and cold tapas, unusual tit bits and gourmet sandwiches to suit just about every palate and every desire,” he says.
The menu will change seasonally in response to the seasonal availability of the finest and freshest local ingredients. However, one thing that will remain consistent is the guarantee of quality, attention to detail and the assurance that guests can enjoy a meal to suit their every appetite.
Williams has nothing more to add than, “Bon Appetit!”
Just a small selection of the gastronomic delights that feature on the new menu at the Radisson Blu Gautrain Hotel include:
- A plum-tomato tart on light-as-air puff pastry, with tomato jam, braised fresh vine tomato and earthy walnuts, with a side salad of fresh pear, tangy goat’s cheese and toasted pine-nuts, drizzled with basil-infused olive oil.
- A purée risotto of woody porcini purée and balsamic-pickled shimeji mushrooms, scattered with shavings of nutty grana padano cheese, and heady black-truffle-infused dressing.
- An antipasti platter of the finest imported cured Italian meats, tangy gremolata marinated olives, flame-grilled aubergine and capsicums, drizzled with fragrant homemade basil pesto, and served with ciabatta bruschetta to soak up all the sumptuous juices.
- From the sea: Asian-marinated seared yellow-fin tuna, with wilted bok choy, tangy ponzu reduction and flame-grilled daikon for an authentic Eastern crunch.
- From the spice den: Lamb rogan josh – the Kashmiri classic of aromatic lamb shoulder in a sauce of fragrant Persian origins, served with classic curry sambals to deliver everything your spice-loving heart desires.
- From the grill: A juicy grilled Grade A ribeye steak, with a classic creamy, tangy café de Paris hollandaise sauce, rosemary pommes frites, braised asparagus and stuffed cherry tomatoes to satisfy the palate, and sate the deepest hunger.
- Grownup banana split with creamy vanilla ice cream, decadent chocolate ganache, crunchy toasted hazelnuts, chocolate-dipped marshmallow and crispy wafer.
- The cakes of the house “Chateau gateaux”, including rich and creamy Bar One cake and a lemon and passion fruit baked cheese cake – the perfect combination of creamy and tangy.
- And a selection of the leading flavours from Haagen Dazs, including salted caramel, chocolate almond and macadamia brittle.
Choose any 2 courses from our new menu, either a Starter & Main or a Main and Dessert. This includes a complimentary glass of house wine and a parking voucher
Bookings are Essential
Valid until 30 September 2017
Use Promo Name: RBGNEWMENUMEDIAPROMO
Menu last updated: 10 Aug 2017
Menus are deemed correct at time of publication but may vary over time. It is the responsibility of the restaurant to maintain the menu and ensure prices are up to date.
Radisson Blu Gautrain Hotel Cnr Rivonia Road & West Street Sandton 2196